Christ Is Risen!
April 19-20, 2014
- I Corinthians 15:6 (NLT) After that, he was seen by more than 500 of his followers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have died.
- Mark 15:21 (NLT) A passerby named Simon, who was from Cyrene, was coming in from the countryside just then, and the soldiers forced him to carry Jesus’ cross. (Simon was the father of Alexander and Rufus.)
- Luke 24:33-34 (NLT) 33And within the hour they were on their way back to Jerusalem. There they found the eleven disciples and the others who had gathered with them,34who said, “The Lord has really risen! He appeared to Peter.”
- What the Resurrection Means
- It means your worth does not fluctuate.
- It means your future is not at risk.
- It means your past is not unforgivable.
- Romans 5:8 (NAS) But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
- It means death is powerless over you.
- John 11:25 (NAS) “I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me will live even if he dies.”
- John 1:12 (NAS) But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name.