Agents of the Good News
March 28-29, 2015
- Acts 1:8 (NAS) “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be My witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.”
- Luke 5:27-28 (NLT) 27Later, as Jesus left the town, he saw a tax collector named Levi sitting at his tax-collection booth. “Come, be my disciple!” Jesus said to him.28So Levi got up, left everything, and followed him.
- Luke 13:31 (NLT) A few minutes later some Pharisees said to him, “Get out of here if you want to live, because Herod Antipas wants to kill you!”
- Luke 5:28 (NLT) So Levi got up, left everything, and followed him.
- Luke 5:29 (NLT) Soon Levi held a banquet in his home with Jesus as the guest of honor. Many of Levi’s fellow tax collectors and other guests were there.
- Do you know anybody who needs Jesus?
- If I take the risk of pointing someone to Jesus, who can I always count on to be at work?
- What’s keeping me from pointing people toward Jesus like Matthew did?
- Luke 5:30 (NLT) But the Pharisees and their teachers of religious law complained bitterly to Jesus’ disciples, “Why do you eat and drink with such scum?”
- Luke 5:31 (NLT) Jesus answered them, “Healthy people don’t need a doctor—sick people do.”
- It is simply impossible to love Jesus without pointing people toward Him!
- Be an inviter!