Thanksgiving Food Basket Giveaway
Sharing God's blessings with others in need is a wonderful way to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. Annually, we provide hundreds of uncooked turkeys and food baskets for those who otherwise might not be able to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal.
We start handing out Turkey Baskets at 5:30 PM. In addition to the food items there will be free games, clothing, hot dog meals and tons of fun as we celebrate Thanksgiving together!
We are located in Glendale, Arizona and serve the surrounding communities.
To receive a Thanksgiving Food Basket, Tuesday, November 21, 2017 please Preregister at the Vineyard Food & Clothing Bank (southeast corner of the Vineyard parking lot).
TO RECEIVE A MEAL - PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED
- Must bring - Picture I.D. & Proof of Residence
- Guaranteed Thanksgiving meal when preregistered
- Location to preregister - Vineyard Food & Clothing Bank (6250 W Peoria Ave. Glendale, 85302)
- Monday, November 6th, 13th and 20th, 2017 from 7 PM-8 PM
- Tuesday, November 7th, and 14th, 2017 from 7 PM-8 PM
- Wednesday, November 1st, 8th and 15th, 2017 from 9 AM-10AM
- Thursday, November 2nd, 9th and 16th, 2017 from 7 PM–8PM
- Saturday, November 4th, 11th and 18th, 2017 from 9 AM-10AM
- Sunday, November 5th, 12th and 19th, 2017 from 9 AM-10AM
- Pre-Registration Dates
TO DONATE A TURKEY AND ALL THE TRIMMINGS
Look for the giant Turkeys in the Vineyard Courtyard on the dates below! Grab a Turkey Tag, stop at the Kiosk to grab your orange bag, and take it home to fill the bag up!
- Starting November 4 & 5, 2017
Here is the list of Items that we will need donated:
- turkey (13 lbs or larger)
- 1 box or bag of potatoes
- 1 frozen pie
- 1 box of stuffing
- 2 cans of vegetables
- 1 can of yams
- 1 can of cranberry sauce
- 1 gravy (can or dry mix)
- dinner rolls (already baked)
Make sure to bring the bag and your turkey back to the Turkey Drop Off Stations (by the parking lot drop off circles) on the weekends of November 11/12 and 18/19.
TO VOLUNTEER AT THE THANKSGIVING EVENT
Online registration will begin at a future date.
Have children that want to volunteer?
In order to make this event run smoothly, we do have some guidelines for you in regards to your children serving with you.
- 9th Grade and older - Can serve alone, without supervision.
- 6 years to 8th Grade - Can only serve with a parent/guardian. This event is busy, make sure they remain with you at all times.
- Birth to 5 years - For safety reasons, they will not be allowed to participate. Please do not bring them if you plan to volunteer.
On November 24, 2015 (last years event), Vineyard Church North Phoenix hosted its annual Thanksgiving Giveaway. We had an estimated 3,000-4,000 guests on our Glendale Campus. 400 volunteers were able to serve 1,900 hot dog dinners, and give away 1,075 Thanksgiving meals!