Thanksgiving Food Basket Giveaway
Sharing God's blessings with others in need is a wonderful way to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. Annually, we provide hundreds of uncooked turkeys and food baskets for those who otherwise might not be able to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal.
We start handing out Turkey Baskets at 5:30 PM. In addition to the food items there will be free games, clothing, hot dog meals and tons of fun as we celebrate Thanksgiving together!
We are located in Glendale, Arizona and serve the surrounding communities.
To receive a Thanksgiving Food Basket, Tuesday, November 22, 2016 please Preregister at the Vineyard Food & Clothing Bank (southeast corner of the Vineyard parking lot).
TO RECEIVE A MEAL - PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED
- Must bring - Picture I.D. & Proof of Residence
- Guaranteed Thanksgiving meal when preregistered
- Location to preregister - Vineyard Food & Clothing Bank (6250 W Peoria Ave. Glendale, 85302)
- Monday November 7th, 14th and 21st, 2016 from 7 PM-8 PM
- Tuesday, November 1st, 8th and 15th 2016 from 7 PM-8 PM
- Wednesday, November 9th, and 16th from 9 AM-10AM
- Thursday, November 3rd, 10th and 17th from 7 PM–8PM
- Saturday, November 5th, 12th and 19th from 9 AM-10AM
- Sunday, November 6th, 13th and 20th from 9 AM-10AM
- Pre-Registration Dates
TO DONATE A TURKEY AND ALL THE TRIMMINGS
Look for the giant Turkeys in the Vineyard Courtyard on the dates below! Grab a Turkey Tag, stop at the Kiosk to grab your orange bag, and take it home to fill the bag up!
- Starting November 5-6, 2016
Here is the list of Items that we will need donated:
- turkey (13 lbs or larger)
- 1 box of potatoes
- 1 frozen pie
- 1 box of stuffing
- 2 cans of vegetables
- 1 can of yams
- 1 can of cranberry sauce
- 1 gravy (can or dry mix)
- dinner rolls (already baked)
Make sure to bring the bag and your turkey back to the Turkey Drop Off Stations (by the parking lot drop off circles) on the weekends of November 12/13 and 19/20.
TO VOLUNTEER AT THE THANKSGIVING EVENT
New this year -- Online registrationTHE ONLINE VOLUNTEER REGISTRATION HAS NOW CLOSED. YOU MAY HOWEVER COME TO THE EVENT AND VOLUNTEER AS A WALK-IN VOLUNTEER. SOME SERVING AREAS WILL NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE BECAUSE THEY ARE FULL.
Have children that want to volunteer?
In order to make this event run smoothly, we do have some guidelines for you in regards to your children serving with you.
- 9th Grade and older - Can serve alone, without supervision.
- 6 years to 8th Grade - Can only serve with a parent/guardian. This event is busy, make sure they remain with you at all times.
- Birth to 5 years - For safety reasons, they will not be allowed to participate. Please do not bring them if you plan to volunteer.
On November 24, 2015 (last years event), Vineyard Church North Phoenix hosted its annual Thanksgiving Giveaway. We had an estimated 3,000-4,000 guests on our Glendale Campus. 400 volunteers were able to serve 1,900 hot dog dinners, and give away 1,075 Thanksgiving meals!