Getting Married at Vineyard North Phoenix
"For this reason a man will leave
his father and mother and be
united to his wife, and the two will
become one flesh. So they are
no longer two but one.
Therefore, what God has joined
together, let no man separate."
Only a decision to follow Christ will have greater impact on your life than your decision to be married. This is why we take marriage very seriously at Vineyard Church North Phoenix. Our desire is to see every couple we marry have a satisfying, life-long relationsip able to weather the storms of life.
Because of this, we place a high value on God's principles for marriage, as well as the preparation of a man and woman to enter this life-changing commitment together.
Thank you for considering our church for hosting your wedding ceremony. It is our joy and priviledge to share in one of the most precious days of your life. May God richly bless you individually, and as a couple, as you embark on this exciting journey together!
What are the Requirements to be Married at Vineyard North Phoenix?
Marriage is a commitment between two people before God. Getting married at Vineyard North Phoenix involves a few commitments as well...
A Commitment to Christ. Both the bride and groom must individually confess a personal commitment to Christ as their Lord and Savior. God's Word is clear with regards to spiritual compatiblity between marriage partners (2 Cor. 6:14-18)
A Commitment to VCNP. Vineyard Church North Phoenix will only perform wedding ceremonies for members. To become a member, you must attend our Newcomers' Class and agree to VCNP's membership guidelines. This class is scheduled six times a year.
A Commitment to Purity. Couples must be committed to abstaining from physical intimacy outside of marriage, and must not be co-habitating. God also gives specific directions regarding sexuality within the parameters of the marriage relationship (2 Cor. 6:3).
Premarital Counseling. The key to a successful marriage is good preparation before the wedding day. We currently use the Prepare/Enrich program for premarital counseling. This tool is designed to help couples deepen and strengthen their relationship, as well as identify and work through potential problems. Premarital counseling requires six weeks to complete and must be completed one month prior to your wedding day.
You're Ready to Schedule Your Wedding--What's Next?
- Contact Pastor Jim Sumney or 623.934.4000 to express your interest in being married by a VCNP pastor. At this time you will be asked to fill out page one of the wedding planning form questionaire (bride and groom information) clarifying that all commitment qualifications have been met, or are in the process of being met. This can be done in person, via email, or online by clicking below.
- Make your initial Premarital Counseling appointment and schedule your remaining counseling sessions. Contact Pastor Tom Quaid or 623.934.4000 to get started.
- Meet with our Wedding Coordinator. Once a wedding has been confirmed, our Wedding Coordinator will arrange to meet with you to help with the planning and direction of your wedding rehearsal and ceremony.
- You will receive a Wedding Guidelines booklet at that time.
- Commit as a couple to one of the church's many varied small groups for community, accountability and discipleship. See the Small Group Wall in the Lobby for options or click here Small Groups.
- Meet with the pastor chosen to officiate at the wedding.
A Few More Guidelines...
- No wedding may be performed by a VCNP Pastor unless the commitments contained in this brochure have been met and confirmed one month prior to the wedding date.
- No wedding may be performed without the presence and direction of a VCNP Pastor and our Wedding Coordinator.
- Weddings are booked on a first-come, first serve basis and must be scheduled as far in advance as possible.
- A wedding will not be scheduled if it conflicts with regular church activities or programs.
- VCNP permits weekend weddings on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings only.
- We do not have facilities for receptions.
- Pastors may be availabe for off-site weddings.
Please see the Wedding Guidelines booklet for a complete overview of VCNP's wedding policies and fees.