When we think about feeding the poor the vision that often comes to mind is the desperate need of third-world nations. Yet, here in America, there are millions of families facing the same desperate need. While the task may seem impossible, our mission here at Vineyard Church North Phoenix is to reach those families in our community who are facing a tough decision…to pay a bill or to put food on the table.
Currently, 1 in 4 children, 1 in 5 Arizonans, and 1 in 7 seniors in Arizona live at or below the poverty line and face the threat of hunger daily.
Alone, we can reach one family. Together, we can reach a community.
With your help we’ve been able to meet the needs of almost 1,000 families each month. To continue to meet these needs the Vineyard Food and Clothing Bank would like to extend an invitation for you to partner with us by donating in our upcoming Food Drive!
How can you help?
We are so glad you asked! Donating is as easy as 1..2…3!
1. Grab a purple bag!
2. Fill your bag!
- Over the next few weekends you’ll notice our friendly volunteers stationed at the doors to the Auditorium, purple bags in hand, before and after each service. They would love for you to take their bags!
3. Bring your bag to church!
- Take your purple bag home and fill it to the brim with non-perishable items.
4. Volunteers are needed!
- Don’t let those bags get lonely, bring them to church on our Food Drive Weekends. On the weekends of September 21 & 22 and 28 & 29 simply leave your filled purple bags behind your car and one of our Team Members will pick them up!
For more information:
- Volunteers are needed for the weekends of September 21-22 and 28-29 to help sort food. Please use the Communication Card in your bulletin if you wish to volunteer. Thank you!
Email Paul VanDerNaalt
Call Paul at 623-934-4000