Mexico Mission Trip
Have you ever wanted to experience a mission trip but found the cost and time commitment too much?
Consider joining Vineyard Church North Phoenix as we reach out and impact the lives of our neighbors across the southern border of our state in the seacoast town of Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point) Mexico.
Have questions? Please see our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) section at the bottom of this page
How do I volunteer? There are three steps to volunteering!
Step 1: Turn in an application!
- Applications can be found in the Information Center. Please fill it out and then place it in the wire basket.
- Application Due Date: Two weeks prior to trip*
- You will be contacted once your Application has been reviewed.
- This meeting is mandatory, and will be held in the Main Auditorium lobby in the 2nd floor lounge area above the coffee bar after the 11 AM service.
- Meeting dates: One week prior to trip*
- Trip dates:
- Leaving: Friday, May 3 at 6 PM
- Returning: Sunday, May 5 at 6 PM
Other information you need to know.
- Cost: This amount varies depending on which trip you serve with.
- $80 per person for trips where you would stay on-site; $245 per person for trips where you would stay in a motel ($45 extra for a single room)
- Current Trip: $245
For more information:
Call Yolanda at 623.826.4205
Email Craig Beyer
Call Craig at 623.934.4000
Frequently Asked Questions
What should I bring?
- A Passport is REQUIRED. To obtain a passport, please visit travel.state.gov/passport for forms, passport locations, addresses and hours. The Sun City Post Office at 9802 West Bell Road, Sun City, Arizona 85351 (623)933-9890 has photo on site as well as Hours of Passport Acceptance from 9 AM -3 PM, Monday-Friday. A certified birth certificate and valid picture ID is required for all passport applicants. If you recently married with a name change, and the new name is not reflected on your picture ID, a marriage license is required.
- Bring some cash, but keep it minimal
- Mexico has separate cell phone coverage, but we will have a phone in case of emergencies
- Guns, ammunition, weapons or illegal substances of any kind
- Excessive jewelry, money or valuables of any kind are not recommended
- Cameras or electronics are not recommended
- YOU CANNOT BRING ANY FOOD ITEMS BACK FROM MEXICO
- Vehicles will include church minivans and a minibus
- We will depart and arrive at the SW corner of the Vineyard campus, near the Maintenance Building
- Travel time to Rocky Point is approximately 5 hrs, including a 30 minute stop in Gila Bend
- Travel time to Phoenix is approximately 6 hrs, including a 60 minute delay at the border
- Budget hotel or large multi-bedroom house, subject to size of group.
- It's very similar to the Thanksgiving Outreach at VCNP, just on a smaller scale
- Generally we have multiple outreach opportunities, from very small to very large groups
- There is time for both private group ministry and public ministry activities
- We prepare meals ourselves
- Expect large crowds of people
- For an internet map search of the Rocky Point area, please use LAT 31.347121, LON -113.539093
- VCPP (Vineyard Church Puerto Penasco) church service