One Person Can Make a Difference
February 12-13, 2011
Speaker: Thora Anderson
In a survey of people over 90, some interesting things surfaced. When asked what these folks wished they had done more of in their lives, what do you think they said?
- Risked more
- Reflected more
- Done more that would live on after I die
I believe this: Our biggest regret at the end of our lives will be the things we didnÃ¢â¬â¢t do, but wish we had.
We have to take time to think about what we are doing and why we are doing it.
- (NLT) 2 Peter 1:1-8 Ã¢â¬Å(1) This letter is from Simon Peter, a slave and apostle of Jesus Christ. I am writing you who share the same precious faith we have, faith given to us by Jesus Christ, our God and Savior, who makes us right with God. (2) May God bless you with His special favor and wonderful peace as you come to know Jesus, our God and Lord, better and better. (3) As we know Jesus better, His divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive His own glory and goodness! (4) And by that same mighty power, He has given us all of his rich and wonderful promises. He has promised that you will escape the decadence all around you caused by evil desires and that you will share in His divine nature. (5) So make every effort to apply the benefits of these promises to your life. Then your faith will produce a life of moral excellence. A life of moral excellence leads to knowing God better. (6) Knowing God leads to self-control. Self-control leads to godliness. (7) Godliness leads to love for other Christians, and finally you will grow to have genuine love for everyone. (8)The more you grow like this, the more you will become productive and useful in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.Ã¢â¬Â
I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And by the grace of God, what I can do, I will do.
- Our mission statement at VCNP is, Ã¢â¬ÅTransforming ordinary people into extraordinary followers of Christ.Ã¢â¬Â
- Romans 12:1-2 from The Message, Ã¢â¬ÅSo hereÃ¢â¬â¢s what I want you to do, God helping you: Take your everyday, ordinary lifeÃ¢â¬âyour sleeping, eating, going-to-work lifeÃ¢â¬âand place it before God as an offering. Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him. DonÃ¢â¬â¢t become so well-adjusted to your culture that you fit into it without even thinking. Instead, fix your attention on God. YouÃ¢â¬â¢ll be changed from the inside out. (Message)
Two Questions to ponderÃ¢â¬Â¦
- Is God trying to speak to you about something regarding the sphere in which you live?
- Is fear holding you back?
President Calvin Coolidge said, Ã¢â¬ÅWe cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once.Ã¢â¬Â
Conclusion: I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And by the grace of God, what I can do, I will do.