Thanksgiving Food Basket Giveaway 2017
Tuesday, November 21 at 5:30 PM
Sharing God's blessings with others in need is a wonderful way to celebrate the Thanksgiving holiday. Annually, we provide hundreds of uncooked turkeys and food baskets for those who otherwise might not be able to enjoy a Thanksgiving meal.
We start handing out Turkey Baskets at 5:30 PM to those who have preregistered. In addition to the food items there will be games, clothing, free hot dog meals and tons of fun as we celebrate Thanksgiving together!
We are located 6250 W Peoria Ave, Glendale, Arizona and serve the surrounding communities. The event will take place outside the Vineyard Food & Clothing Bank (southeast corner of the Vineyard Church parking lot).
TO VOLUNTEER AT THIS THANKSGIVING EVENT
WE ARE SORRY. ALL VOLUNTEER POSITIONS ARE FULL FOR THE EVENT
TO RECEIVE A MEAL - PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED
- Must bring - Picture I.D. & Proof of Residence
- Preregistration guarantees you a Thanksgiving meal
- Location to preregister - Vineyard Food & Clothing Bank (6250 W Peoria Ave. Glendale, 85302)
- Monday, November 6th, 13th and 20th, from 7 PM-8 PM
- Tuesday, November 7th, and 14th, from 7 PM-8 PM
- Wednesday, November 1st, 8th and 15th, from 9 AM-10AM
- Thursday, November 2nd, 9th and 16th, from 7 PM–8PM
- Saturday, November 4th, 11th and 18th, from 9 AM-10AM
- Sunday, November 5th, 12th and 19th, from 9 AM-10AM
Supply is limited.
TO DONATE A TURKEY AND ALL THE TRIMMINGS
Look for the giant blowup Turkeys and Kiosk in the Vineyard Courtyard on the dates below! Come to the Kiosk to pickup your yellow bag and shopping list.
- Sundays, November 5, 12 and 19, 2017 (after 1st service at 10:30am or 2nd service at 12:15pm)
- Saturdays, yellow bags can be picked up from the Thanksgiving Table in the Church Lobby (after service at 6:15pm)
Here is the list of Items that we will need donated:
- turkey (13 lbs or larger)
- 1 box or bag of potatoes
- 1 frozen pie
- 1 box of stuffing
- 2 cans of vegetables
- 1 can of yams
- 1 can of cranberry sauce
- 1 gravy (can or dry mix)
- dinner rolls (already baked)
Make sure to bring the bag and your turkey back to the Turkey Drop Off Stations (by the parking lot drop off circles) on the weekends of November 11 & 12 and 18 & 19 (30 minutes before or after each service).
On November 22, 2016 (last year's event), Vineyard Church North Phoenix hosted its annual Thanksgiving Giveaway. We had approximately 3,000 guests on our Glendale Campus. 350 volunteers were able to give away 1,036 Thanksgiving meals, serve 1,800 hot dog dinners, and give out over 1,100 lbs. of clothing!